|Total number of recipes found: 16|
|- 1 - 2 >> next >>|
- 1. Avocado Grapefruit Salad
- This winter salad plays on the contrasts in both flavor and texture of the avocado and grapefruit. The deep fried garnish complicates things a bit; however, I always skip that unless its a special occ...; Calories: n.a.; Time: 15 min.
- 2. Black Bean Chicken Salad
- The dressing in this lowfat salad is quite sparse, so you might want to add this to the recipe: whisk together 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil , 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon s...; Calories: 541; Time: 150 min.
- 3. Blood Orange Salad
- This "super salad" makes a small meal in itself. The combination of ingredients may sound awfully weird, but they do work. If you can't find blood oranges, plain ones will do.
...; Calories: 131; Time: 20 min.
- 4. Caribbean Salad
- Fruit flavors dominate this exotic salad.
...; Calories: 743; Time: 20 min.
- 5. Chicken Avocado Salad
- This is yet another variation of the "super salads" that I have been obsessed with as of late. If you don't have a barbecue, pan frying the chicken will do just as well. For an extra treat, bake the p...; Calories: 465; Time: 30 min.
- 6. Cucumber Avocado Soup
- While this recipe from Bon Appetit was refreshing, it was also quite bland. Things I would try next time (if there is one), include adding more avocado and hot sauce.
...; Calories: 151; Time: 70 min.
- 7. Fried Chicken Salad
- This is definitely a "meal" type of salad. The battered chicken and fried green tomatoes give it a Southern touch. For the dressing, I like to use the Hidden Valley Ranch mix (mixed with 1 cup lowfat ...; Calories: 763; Time: 30 min.
- 8. Grilled Beef Salad
- This refreshing summer salad is a meal in itself. Its reminiscent of the Italian chopped salad but done in a Southwestern style.
...; Calories: 879; Time: 152 min.
- 9. Guacamole
- Guacamole makes a nice accompaniment to fajitas or you can serve it as a dip with chips. Make sure you use ripe avocados, but not ones that have turned too soft. Some people like to leave some of the ...; Calories: 132; Time: 10 min.
- 10. Jamaican Chicken
- This rice, bean, and seasoned chicken salad is tops. Pickapeppa sauce is a sweet and sour, mild hot pepper sauce from Jamaica.
...; Calories: 812; Time: 30 min.
|- 1 - 2 >> next >>|