|Total number of definitions found: 10|
|- 1 -|
- 1. Nachos
- An hors d'oeuvre of tostados topped with jack cheese, sour cream, and jalapeno chile.
- 2. Napa cabbage
- This oval-shaped broad-leafed head has very crisp, pale green crinkled leaves and a sweet, delicate flavor. It is used extensively in stir-fried dishes and soups, and absorbs flavors beautifully.
- 3. Natillas
- Soft custard topped with egg white and sprinkled with cinnamon.
- 4. Navarin
- (French) Lamb stew with root vegetables, cut green beans, tomatoes, and peas.
- 5. Neufchatel
- A soft unripened cheese originally from Neufchatel-en-Bray, France. It has a fat content of 44-48%. Philadelphia sells it as low-fat cream cheese in the U.S..
- 6. Nicoise
- Literally 'in the style of Nice (France)'. The term srefers to the region's cooking, characterized by the use of tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and brown-black olives.
- 7. Noir
- (French) Black.
- 8. Nopales
- Leaves or pads of prickly pear cactus. Taste and texture resemble green beans. Used alone as a vegetable or in soups, salads, and omelets.
- 9. Nouilles
- (French) Noodles.
- 10. Nutmeg
- The oval, brown, wrinkly seed of the nutmeg tree. It is grated to spice up both sweet and savory dishes. You can find it in cakes, custards, souffles, as well as meatballs and soups.
|- 1 -||